Commencing your engineering career with NDY means that you will become part of a unique international team of consultant engineers. You may find yourself working with a team that design one of the world’s iconic landmark developments, deliver a proposal to an international panel of construction practitioners or working on-site with a team of engineers, contractors and tradespeople. You will also find opportunities to develop enduring professional relationships that will in time contribute to the strength of your professional industry profile.
NDY recognises that every one of our graduates is unique, regarding your development and success essential to our collective future growth.
We offer our graduates a comprehensive development program with ongoing technical training and continuous professional development. This ensures you will receive all the necessary post-graduate training to optimise your opportunities for career development and growth.
As a graduate on our Program, you will be challenged and offered unique opportunities to:
- Learn and excel in your day-to-day work
- Participate in a number of work-based team activities
- Grow personally and professionally in a dynamic, inclusive and supportive culture
- Engage and be mentored with exceptional leaders
What we require from successful graduates
We seek ambitious, passionate and professional graduates who communicate well and demonstrate accountability and responsibility. You should have a natural ability to develop excellent consulting skills which means you will have great listening and communication skills to complement your academic achievements.
You will demonstrate the following in your application and at interview:
- Excellent and consistent academic results
- Work experience (part time while studying)
- Involvement in other activities (sports, clubs, interests, volunteer work)
- Well developed communication and listening skills
- Professional presentation
Graduate Development Program
All NDY graduates participate in a comprehensive two year development program. Key features of the program include:
- 3 residential workshops
- Digital learning platform
- Structured mentoring to create a portfolio of evidence to support chartered status
- Formal rotations
- Dedicated leader to support mentoring, networking and in team development
- Opportunity to participate in a business improvement project
- Support to complete social projects to improve the lives of disadvantaged members of the global community
- Potential for international rotations after completion of the two year program
Benefits of Working at NDY
- High graduate satisfaction (Gradaustralia conducted an independent review of NDY graduates, with NDY achieving a 4.1 star overall satisfaction rating).
- Excellent learning and development program and on the job learning
- Mentoring program
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid parental leave
- Active social programs
- Opportunities for transfers between offices (post completion of your graduate year)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) – a confidential, 24 hr counselling program for personal or work related matters
- Employee Referral Program – where you may receive a reward for successful referrals
Graduate Recruitment Process
The following information outlines the NDY application process for graduate engineer positions.
NDY’s graduate online application process
There are typcally two stages to making an online application:
- Complete the application form. This includes academic achievement, personal information, career motivation, employment history and references, extenuating circumstances, language skills, extra-curricular activities and interests.
- Interviewers will refer to this information during the interview.
NDY’s online assessments
There are up to two parts to the online assessments at NDY.
- General ability assessments that are designed to test verbal, numerical and logical reasoning skills.
- Behavioural assessments that measure a graduates preferences and opportunities.
NDY’s graduate interviews and assessment centres
Graduates progressing to this stage will be invited to attend a day long assessment centre. The morning will consist of a series of group activities where members of the NDY team will assess performance. Selected graduates will be invited to return in the afternoon to attend a formal interview with a panel of NDY team members.
Reference checks will be conducted on successful graduates.
A Graduate Role at NDY
Using your teamwork, problem solving and time management skills, you will be working in a role with real responsibilities within your first few months. You’ll get opportunities to work on groundbreaking projects while being exposed to a variety of challenges. Gain hands-on practical experience and on-the-job-training while being supported by experienced, talented senior engineers creating sustainable solutions for our clients.
To be considered for these sought after opportunities you will demonstrate the following:
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical Discipline)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong relationship building and teamwork skills (demonstrated through part time/casual work)
- Flexible attitude and ability to work with various people across the industry
- Committed to learning and eager to take on new challenges
- Drive to succeed and high energy levels
- Ability to demonstrate the following Values: Excellence, Leadership, Integrity
- Collaboration, Accountability & Ownership, Innovation.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our graduate program at NDY. If you like what you have read, meet our criteria and would like a career as a consulting engineer, we look forward to seeing your application.