Security & Communications Team Leader, London Office
- London, UK office
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- Build a team around you
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full time permanent position, you will lead the Security & Communications team in the London office and reporting to the Electrical Director. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial, Mission Critical, Health and Education sectors.
As the team leader of the Security & Communications team, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering projects to the required quality, time and profit level
- Responsibility to develop and expand the vertical market sectors for the Communications and Security Group, including Mission Critical, ICN, Commercial, Health and Education Sectors
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and assess their current and future needs to match NDY’s capabilities accordingly
- Actively seek opportunities for appointments to gain new and profitable business
- Identify new business opportunities in Communications, IT, Audio Visual, Security and Technology, prepare submissions, arrange presentations, and secure new business to targeted group growth rate of 10% per annum
- Design and documentation of Communications and Security systems ranging from security services including access control, CCTV, PIDs, intrusion, communications systems including ICN, voice, data, radio and cellular to audio-visual systems including public address, video conferencing, IPTV and Electronic Documentation thereof
- Complete design work for – telecommunication facilities, commercial, retail, hospital, pharmaceutical or industrial developments, refurbishment or tenancy fit-outs
- An involvement with Networks, Building Automation Systems, PLC / SCADA Systems, Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Liaise with Contractors and Sub-Contractors to address construction related issues
- Ensure the Office Quality System is implemented and maintained
- Provide on the job training to graduates and new staff
To be successful in this role you:
- Will have at least 4 years experience at a senior level of working on large commercial and other sector projects.
- Be experienced with co-ordination and integration of designed systems with other designers and team members, including architects and quantity surveyors.
- Have technical and non-technical consulting skills.
- Be generating business and repeat business via marketing and business development activities.
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- Highly developed verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives.
- Well developed problem solving skills.
You will be:
- An innovative designer and be able to exercise good judgment about which creative suggestions and ideas will work.
- Be composed and a settling influence under pressure whilst still managing the requirement to deliver on time, to specification and to cost.
- Able to deliver projects with tight timelines to a fixed budget.
- Able to consistently produce accurate work without errors.
- Results driven.
- Committed to building a positive team culture.
- Committed to excellence in engineering.
- Politically astute with team members and Clients.
- Dealing with Contractors.
Posted Date: 10th October 2018
Closing Date: 10 December 2018
For a confidential discussion about this position call Eve Hewitt on +44 20 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to Eve Hewitt via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th December 2018.