Single Living Environment Accommodation Project (LEAP) Phase IINorthern Territory, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, NSW
Poor standard of Living In Accommodation is the most commonly cited reason for the increasing difficulty Defence faces in attracting and retaining personnel. Single Living Environment Accommodation Project (LEAP) Phase II was designed to bring accommodation for single ADF members into line with community standards, and to a new national Defence standard. Prior to the project, accommodation was often at post WWII standard, with shared toilet and shower facilities and poorly maintained sleeping quarters.
In 2003 Defence endorsed a policy of Level 5 accommodation consisting self-contained rooms with an ensuite, kitchenette, internet and phone connections, and parking/secure storage space. Single LEAP Stage II provided Level 5 Living In Accommodation at 14 bases across Australia.
About the Project
Single LEAP Phase II provided Level 5 Living In Accommodation at the following sites:
- Robertson Barracks Palmerston NT 686 units
- HMAS Coonawarra (Larrakeyah) NT 232 units
- Lavarack Barracks Townsville QLD 540 units
- RAAF Base Edinburgh Elizabeth SA 430 units
- HMAS Stirling, Rockingham WA 268 units
- Campbell Barracks Swanbourne WA 60 units
- RAAF Base Wagga Wagga NSW 50 units
- Blamey Barracks Kapooka NSW 90 units
- Puckapunyal Military Area VIC 200 units
- Simpson Barracks Watsonia VIC 120 units
- South Bandiana Wodonga VIC 50 units
- HMAS Albatross Nowra ACT 170 units
- Australian Defence Force Academy ACT 87 units
- Royal Military College Duntroon ACT 32 units
Other Project Information:
Construction Value: $900 Million
Project Manager: Plenary Group
Completion: March 2014
Click on the download PDF button for a full copy of the project review.