Audio Visual Consultant, Melbourne
- Gain client exposure
- Variety of projects
- Leverage of established local relationships
About the Company
Norman Disney & Young, A Tetra Tech Company (NDY), is a leading firm of consulting engineers with a global presence. We set ourselves apart by our ability to deliver highly innovative and tailored solutions for clients in a wide range of markets including civic, education, health, industrial, mission critical, offices, residential & hotels, retail & transport. Established in 1959, we have a long history of engineering excellence and our expertise extends to a range of unique specialties.
In 2018, NDY greatly expanded its engineering and design resources by joining Tetra Tech, Inc., a global alliance offering consulting, engineering, and technical services. With a purpose of ‘Leading with Science’, and more than 16,000 associates in 400 offices around the globe, Tetra Tech enhances NDY’s delivery of smart and sustainable solutions to clients through a much larger global network of experts.
NDY values Excellence, Leadership, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability & Ownership and Innovation in our employees and we seek to provide you with more than a job. We encourage professional and personal development and provide support through our progressive learning and development programs.
We have a strong focus on technical proficiency and accurate documentation. The successful candidate will be a key part of the team to help deliver projects with this focus.
Work life balance is essential for high performance and we run active social programs and encourage flexible work arrangements. We provide a market leading 25 days annual leave and also offer a number of health and wellbeing initiatives.
About the Position
The Audio Visual Consultant:
- will work predominately in audio visual consulting with opportunities to work in communications and security services design also.
- is responsible in all project phases from initial feasibility studies to commissioning and handover.
- is responsible for basic presentation facilities to videoconferencing systems & user return briefs.
- works on large scale LED video walls, stadium video boards, video and audio over IP.
- is responsible for system upgrades & must interact with remainder of the design team.
- is responsible in electronic access control, Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV),alarm systems up to Type 1A, physical security design,strategic security planning and CPTED.
- works on Integrated Communications Network Design, Nurse call, DECT, RTLS systems, IPTV, public address, & mobile telephony (distributed antenna systems).
- shall liaise with telecommunications carriers & do a minimum of 20% business development marketing.
- must attend to design meetings with clients, architects, other discipline engineers.
- provide internal coordination meetings with mechanical, electrical, fire and hydraulics engineers.
- will work closely with the drafting team in the documentation of projects.
- shall lead multi-discipline projects in various market sectors.
- shall condition auditing of existing buildings.
- must be able to seek out and pursue new AV business opportunities.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Degree in engineering, preferably electronics, electrical, computers or communications, with over 5 years experience.
- Driver’s license as you may be required to travel to site as part of your role.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects.
- A self starter & highly motivated person looking for opportunities to lead projects as well as working within a team environment.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills as it will largely be a client facing role;
- Good report writing and analytical skills.
- Competent in use of Windows based computing applications.
- Willingness to travel with possible short term interstate travel required.
To apply, please submit a confidential copy of your CV and covering letter to Richard Brand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Audio Visual Consultant (Melbourne)” as the Subject/Title of your email.
Application process will close by 09 November 2019.