CAD Designer – BIM, Sydney Office
- Mid-senior level modelling team member
- Experience in Navisworks and managing offshore partners
- Level 2
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The CAD Designer’s role is to create and distribute sufficiently coordinated models and produce dimensionally accurate design documentation to the project team.
- Coordinating consultant data exchanges of the 3D model and supporting files.
- You will be supporting the Section Manager (CAD), Project Leaders and other project personnel including designers and contractors to produce design documentation.
- You may act as a BIM Consultant assisting in the development of BIM execution plans and standards across projects.
- You may be required to support the Section Manager (CAD) in mentoring the Revit/Navisworks knowledge base and skills within the group and provide technical software assistance and resolution to team members.
- In addition, you may be required to guide the team in clash detection and resolution between NDY Revit/Naviswork tools, and assist in ensuring the resultant actions are incorporated into the model and implemented within the project. On a personal level, excellent communication skills and results focused, conscientious and detailed approach is critical as is a positive and pro-active approach to your work.
- The ability to multi-task and work under limited supervision is required.
- This role requires the application of technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects and does not involve the supervision of others.
- The incumbent is required to perform well under pressure to meet deadlines independently or within a team environment are characteristics needed to succeed in this role.
As the Revit CAD Designer you will be responsible for:
- Understanding the business and client requirements
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Managing varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines
- Revit modelling and coordination of services, both internally and with offshore partners
- Performing model audits on projects to NDY Standards
To be successful in this role you will:
- Provide input for job costing, e.g. periodical time sheets.
- Manage your activities across multiple projects to ensure clients’ requirements are defined and NDY’s activities and designs are fully coordinated to meet cost requirements, project deadlines, and client needs.
- Ensure accurate CAD design and documentation of engineering systems on projects ranging from commercial, retail, hospital, pharmaceutical or industrial developments, refurbishment or tenancy fitout.
- Provide accurate and quality production of Federated Models. Federated models will be produced using the design or construction teams models.
- Production of services models as requested utilizing the suite of NDY tools.
- Assist with Revit technical support throughout the office.
- Work collaboratively with offshore partners in order to effectively coordinate drawing work packages and support engineering teams in model management and model audits.
- Ensure NDY’s Quality System is implemented and maintained for all projects.
- Contribute to CAD development as required.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients to ensure constructive liaison and healthy long-term business partnerships.
- Lead coordination reviews internally & externally where required with other Services Consultants/Engineers/Architects & Project Managers.
- Participate in regular meetings as required to discuss client issues, project completion strategies, and work practices.
- Establish internal networking relationships with other employees and work collaboratively as part of a team to achieve NDY’s goals.
- Identify areas where development/training may assist you, and participate in training and knowledge sharing as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Revit
- Must have a multi-discipline modeller and coordinator experience
- Be able to produce accurate models and documentation to a high level of quality
- Experience in multi-discipline modelling and coordination
- With some experience with Navisworks (even if basic) and clash detection
- Extensive experience with managing offshore partners
- Must have at least basic understanding of engineering discipline(s)
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have a positive, pro-active approach to work
- Must be honest and reliable
- Must be a good team player
Qualifications and Certifications:
- High School Diploma
- TAFE Drafting Course
- REVIT or 3D modelling course
- Basic understanding of Engineering discipline
- Software exposure to AUTOCAD, REVIT, Navisworks, PDF, Excel.
Requirements for success:
Support our brand in the market by providing superior client service and promoting our interests and reputation.
Play an active role in ensuring a harmonious, safe and productive work environment for yourself and others in the workplace by maintaining a high standard of performance and conduct in accordance with the company’s Values, Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and reasonable business directives.
Please apply sending your CV directly to email@example.com until January 15, 2019.