Commissioning Manager, Melbourne Office
- Gain advanced project experience
- Exposure to clients and project management
NDY would like to share this opportunity within its Tetra Tech sister company, Engineering Commission Services (ECS), based in the ECS Melbourne office.
The Commissioning Engineer / Manager provides guidance and oversight for the commissioning management of the installation, testing and commissioning of building services systems, plant and/or equipment on a project. This role is engaged in the verification that installed building systems function correctly and operate to maintain the designed building environment. This role will work across multi-disciplinary projects and requires the possession of a thorough understanding of building services and construction methods, as well as a solid contracting knowledge.
The engineer/manager primarily works independently applying technical knowledge and skills on large/complex projects with assistance from specialist discipline colleagues where this is identified as necessary or relevant. The role also includes business development opportunities and responsibilities with expectations for the development and growth of ECS within Victoria.
To be successful in this role you must…
- Be able to undertake a review of the basis of services design and their design intent and provide advice/comment to design teams on items that may impact on commissioning
- Understand the requirements and intent of the CIBSE Commissioning Codes, BSRIA Application Guides, ASHRAE Guidelines, and other relevant commissioning codes and guidelines.
- Prepare Commissioning Plans and other process documents, for the management of the commissioning of building services systems, including (but not limited to) mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, fire and BMCS systems.
- A bachelor’s tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering combined with equivalent training and experience and well-rounded knowledge of other building services – electrical, hydraulics, fire protection systems and building management systems. A relevant trade qualification and experience would also be considered for an outstanding candidate.
- Experience of working in a construction environment on-site
- Delivering construction project through commissioning, acceptance and into occupation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with clients and contractors
- Politically astute with team members, clients, and contractors
Please apply via our careers email email@example.com and put “Commissioning Manager” as the email subject. Applications close 14 April 2019.