Construction and Facilities Services Manager, Auckland Office
- Strong office culture
- Take ownership of projects
- Gain experience working directly with client
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The Construction and Facilities Services Manager is responsible for developing and broadening client base and professional services, including improving market awareness and generate fee growth. This person may be required to perform the role of Project Coordinator when required, and would also be responsible for NDY’s overall involvement on the project and the administration of design interface between disciplines.
As the Construction and Facilities Services Manager, you will be responsible for:
- assisting and advising clients on the fine tuning of buildings
- managing the project construction phase responsibilities for NDY
- providing input to the mechanical design team in respect to constructability of design
Key Performance Indicators will be:
- Development and broadening our client base and professional services, including improving market awareness and generate fee growth.
- In conjunction with the Office Manager, manage and maintain staffing and resources within the Office.
- Compliance with the NDY’s Quality System and Procedures
- Service development and liaison with other NDY offices.
To be successful in this role you must:
- be fully conversant with the relevant aspects of the design of the project under your control and coordinates this work to the required standard.
- be active in marketing NDY’s services through project involvement, including contacting, visiting potential clients and other activities that would be coordinated through the Office Manager.
- have participation in regular section meetings to discuss client issues, proposals, new opportunities and marketing strategies.
- be able to check job costing results for projects handled ensuring correctness prior to close off for the month.
- be able to coordinate your commitments to meet project deadlines and cost requirements.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training, accreditation and contracting experience
- 10+ years engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proven project delivery experience on challenging construction projects
- Attention to detail and well developed written communication skills including report writing
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Ability to identify and resolve any issues that may arise
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity
- Ability to exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Previous NZ experience is an advantage
You will be expected to:
- Support our brand in the market by providing superior client service and promoting our interests and reputation
- Play an active role in ensuring a harmonious, safe and productive work environment for yourself and others in the workplace by maintaining a high standard of performance and conduct in accordance with the company’s Values, Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and reasonable business directives
You may also apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please put “Construction and Facilities Services Manager – Auckland” as the Subject/Title of your covering letter email.
Application process will close by 26 July 2019.