Digital Engineer (Controls), London Office
- London, UK office
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile Digital, Smart Building and Control Projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full time permanent position, you will be part of the Mission Critical team in the London office and reporting to the Digital Building Team Leader. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial, Residential, Hotel, Industrial, laboratories and Data Centres.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Co-ordination of smart building and controls design with other building services disciplines and with external parties such as architect or client delivery teams.
- Review and comment of contractor technical submittals.
- Participating in business related activities (non-Project).
- Participating in developing the Digital and smart buildings sector offering.
- Feeding into the other digital disciplines of ICT and physical security.
- Coordinating with contractors and manufacturers to both on a technical and sales level.
- Participating in project activities including design and documentation.
- Ensuring that NDY’s Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects.
- Taking part in personal and professional development training as required.
- Participating in Performance Management Process and maintenance of individual Thrive assessment and development tool.
- Developing Project Co-ordination skills in line with work opportunities
To be successful in this role you:
- Will have at least 2 years engineering experience in the field of building controls or integration
- Demonstratable experience writing controls software or commissioning
- A recognised engineering qualification
- Site experience of building communication protocols such as BACnet or Modbus
- Understanding of building networks both IP and Serial
- Will have excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
Ideally you will have:
- Ability to read and understand panel designs and schematics
- A working interest in IT and other computer systems
- An interest in Internet of Things (IoT) technology and protocols such as MQTT.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Highly developed verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives
- Well developed problem solving skills .
Posted date: 30/10/2019
Closing date: 29/11/2019
Please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 29th November 2019.