Graduate Project Engineer (Mechanical), Canberra
- Exposure to Clients and Project Management
- Gain advanced Project experience
- Level 2
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
Working under the guidance and mentorship of an experienced engineer, the Graduate Project Engineer assists and supports the delivery of a range of projects on behalf of NDY’s clients.
A graduate engineer is required to develop knowledge and competencies required to perform independent work.
- Understanding the business and client requirements.
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Dealing with high level, urgent and confidential issues;
- Managing varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines;
- Successfully complete Graduate Program.
As a Graduate Project Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Provide input for job costing (eg – timesheets, fee allocations and charges, work percentage complete, forecast work required) and time plans for your project input in consultation with Manager and Project Leader.
- Co-ordinate and plan commitments, resources and balance workload across available projects to efficiently and effectively meet project deadlines and cost/fee requirements. Monitor workload and advise line manager where additional skills are required, and when over/under utilisation is likely to occur.
- Work under the guidance and mentorship of a Senior Engineer on a project from initial concept through to completion. Contribute to the project activities as per project specifications to ensure the efficient implementation of the project activities.
- Review technical submissions by Contractors and Sub-Contractors and the quality of construction against the specified requirements and statutory standards.
- Identify and engage clients and key stakeholders, ensuring that expectations are known, managed and fulfilled, within program and project constraints.
- Liaise with Contractors and Sub-Contractors to follow up and resolve construction-related issues.
- Participate in team meetings to review and discuss client requirements, progress of project.
- Attend site meetings as appropriate and report on the status of the work and any items of concern.
- Participate in engineering training and on the job training programs delivered to new staff and graduates as appropriate, including NDY’s Graduate development program and Engineers Induction Program (EIP) as required. This may involve participation in graduate rotations and NDY’s mentoring program.
Qualifications & Certifications
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline relevant to the role.
Skills & Experience
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients.
- Ability to learn quickly and exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives
- Able to cope with change and ambiguity
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors
- Ability to build professional networks within NDY and externally within industry
- An understanding of Autodesk Revit or 3D modelling software is an advantage
- Presentation skills
- A working knowledge of relevant regulations, engineering codes and standards for your region.
- Past vocational work experience desirable
Please apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com by January 15, 2019.