ICT & Security Engineer , Brisbane Office
- Part of large national ICT team
- Various internal development programs
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Professional membership assistance
- Activity/gym membership financial assistance
- Large, national projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The ICT & Security Engineer:
- is responsible for consulting work of all project phases from initial feasibility studies to commissioning and handover.
- is responsible for client consultation, design, specification, contract administration and commissioning of systems.
- is responsible for security devices such as Electronic Access Control, Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV), Security Alarm systems, Physical security design, Strategic security planning and CPTED.
- integrates Communications Network Design including Structured cabling systems, public address systems, mobile telephony (distributed antenna systems).
- liaise with telecommunications carriers and manage communications systems for specialist buildings such as hospitals to include nurse call, DECT phones, RTLS, etc.
- is responsible for audio visual services such as Audio Visual Systems from basic presentation facilities to video conferencing systems, user return briefs, large scale LED video walls, stadium video boards & system upgrades.
- interacts with the remainder of the design team.
- attends design meetings with clients, architects, other discipline engineers.
- is responsible for internal coordination meetings with mechanical, electrical, fire and hydraulics engineers.
- will work closely with our drafting team in the documentation of projects.
- will lead multi-discipline projects in various market sectors and condition auditing of existing buildings.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
Qualifications & Certifications
- A degree in Engineering, preferably electronics, electrical, computers or communications, with over 2 years of experience.
- Driver’s license as you may be required to travel to site as part of your role.
Skills & Experience
- Self-starter and highly motivated person looking for opportunities to lead projects as well as working within a team environment.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills as it will largely be a client facing role.
- Good report writing and analytical skills.
- Competent in use of Windows-based computing applications.
- Willingness to travel with possible short term interstate travel required.