The Junior Sustainability Consultant :
Junior Sustainability Consultant, Canberra Office
After a recent change in leadership, the Canberra NDY office have secured significant project wins across both the public and private sectors. One of these projects is a once in a multi-generation opportunity to transform a public building of national and international significance. With these successes comes a unique opportunity to both enjoy the Canberra lifestyle and work on large scale iconic projects. We are looking for people who are keen to get involved, continue building an energetic and collaborative culture and deliver excellence for our clients.
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
- will work with the Canberra Sustainability Lead as an integral member of NDY Sustainability – a diverse, global team of sustainability professionals — working on projects across different NDY offices and contributing to the team’s strong culture.
- will be responsible for delivering sustainability engineering/consulting services in the built environment, working with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
- is responsible in simulation modelling, application of sustainability tools across the entire project lifecycle and involvement in marketing/business development activities.
- understands the business and the client’s requirements.
- will work in a global operating group with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- deals with high level, urgent and confidential issues.
- manages varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines.
- coordinates with internal and external consultants and disciplines, often based in different geographical locations.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications & Certifications
- Relevant tertiary qualification (minimum Bachelor’s degree).
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience delivering sustainability services across the full project life cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients.
- Understanding of relevant Standards, Building Codes and sustainability tools (e.g. Green Star, NABERS, WELL) for the region.
- Desirable: Experience with simulation modelling (e.g. energy, thermal comfort, daylight, CFD).
To apply, please submit a confidential copy of your CV and covering letter to Barry Wilson – email@example.com by 16 November 2019.
Please put “Junior Sustainability Consultant” as the email subject title.