Market Sector Leader, Healthcare
- Successfully win and deliver healthcare projects
- Practice and lead project delivery within the market sector
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The Market Sector Leader is responsible for maintaining and increasing market sector project delivery, as well as coordinating the standards and implementation of the market sector’s group strategy. The successful candidate will assist with coordinating the most appropriate resource allocation to projects from across the group. Practice and lead project delivery within the market sector, with responsibility for improving the overall quality and value of services across NDY.
As the Market Sector Leader – Healthcare you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the office/market sector achieving defined revenue and profit targets by successfully winning and delivering projects.
- Overseeing the strategic direction of the unit, and development of team strategies in consultation with the Global Director. Monitor growth of teams within the business unit against strategic plan targets.
- Overseeing the design and documentation of systems through concept, design development and detailed documentation phases. Liaising with Contractors and Sub-Contractors to address construction related documentation issues and review technical submissions by Contractors and Sub-Contractors against the specified requirements.
- Carrying out the Project Leader role and be the main day to day interface on major healthcare projects. Identify and engage key stakeholders, ensuring that expectations are known, managed and fulfilled, within program and project constraints.
- Organising and chairing regular internal project meetings to discuss issues associated with project delivery and client satisfaction.
- Managing team assessment of skills in terms of both expertise and capacity to handle the likely workload, identifying skills gaps, and encouraging staff on appropriate way of coordinating between offices.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Support our brand in the market by providing superior client service and promoting our interests and reputation.
- Play an active role in ensuring a harmonious, safe and productive work environment for yourself and others in the workplace by maintaining a high standard of performance and conduct in accordance with the company’s Values, Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and reasonable business directives.
- Have a minimum 5 years engineering (or other relevant discipline) experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects Leading and supervising.
- Have a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff and clients at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines.
Ideally you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and market sector-relevant accreditation required, combined with equivalent training and experience.
- Current chartered status/membership with an appropriate industry professional body.
- Demonstrated and maintained current knowledge of best practice in sustainable design, particularly with respect to the built environment.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of a management role gained through previous experience, training and/or education.
- Well-developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct).
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may contact Alex Rodger on 0466 770 099 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 25/03/2019.
Please put “Market Sector Leader – Healthcare” as the email subject.