- Gain advanced project experience
- Exposure to clients and project management
Project Engineer – Mechanical, Canberra Office
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
The role of Project Engineer is responsible for the delivery of building services from design through to construction. This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
- Provide input for job costing, time plans and fee preparation activities in consultation with Manager and Project Director.
- Co-ordinate and plan commitments, resources and balance workload across available projects to efficiently and effectively meet project deadlines and cost/fee requirements. Monitor workload and advise line manager where additional skills are required, and when over/under utilisation is likely to occur.
- Competent at designing and documenting systems through concept, design development and detailed documentation phases.
- This role must ensure all NDY activities and designs are fully coordinated with all projects implemented in line with NDY’s Project Management methodology. May require the nomination of project engineers and reviewers for projects.
Qualifications & Certifications:
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training, accreditation and experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Well developed understanding of relevant Standards and Building Codes for your region.
- Well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct).
You will be expected to:
- Support our brand in the market by providing superior client service and promoting our interests and reputation.
- Play an active role in ensuring a harmonious, safe and productive work environment for yourself and others in the workplace by maintaining a high standard of performance and conduct in accordance with the company’s Values, Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and reasonable business directives.
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
For a confidential discussion about this position call Barry Wilson on (02) 9928 6898 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 15 April 2019.