Regional Lead – Smart Buildings (Auckland), Auckland Office
- Strong office culture
- Take ownership of projects
- Gain experience working directly with client
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
NZ Head of Smart Buildings will make a difference to our business and team by applying strong business development, technical expertise and leadership to our existing Controls and Integration team and grow our capability for Smart Buildings. It is expected that the role will also provide cross-sell and up-sell opportunities to other services and solutions within the NDY Digital group.
The role will also align all regional technical resources in terms of quality, methodology, verification, and overall technical solution approach with a view to ensuring our solutions are the best for the client and for NDY. Provide support to the Mechanical and Electrical Directors, as well the other GSG Directors and Leaders, and other technical specialists as appropriate. Risk will be managed through consistency and quality assurance.
The role is responsible for contributing to market and office business plans and for working collaboratively across the wider business to ensure contributions to group-wide profitability and the achievement of strategic objectives by driving technical excellence and consistency across the NDY.
As the NZ Head of Smart Buildings, you will be responsible in:
- developing Smart Buildings profile externally and internally, within NDY
- assisting in developing the existing Communications discipline profile externally and internally
- realizing strategic growth in target regions
- fostering development of a growing team
- working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- quality assurance and verification
- leading and driving innovation.
To be successful in this role you must :
*Focus on commercial results and deliver value to our business
- Maintain and improve profitability for projects and group in line with budgetary targets
- Contribute to the development and identification of market opportunities and initiatives that support the overall strategic direction
- Participate in the development of the annual office business plan including financial, operational and people targets
- Proactively contribute to NDY being acknowledged as a leading practitioner in our field, including the attendance and participation in key industry events.
*Deliver technical excellence
- Ensure QA procedures are followed throughout project lifecycle
- Carry out design reviews progressively as the design develops and provide guidance for project personnel
- Support the Mechanical and Electrical Technical Directors and GSG Leaders to maintain technical standards on all project work and be available as needed to assist with changes and advise where required to answer design queries
- Projects proceed in a logical sequence based on sound concepts which meet the client’s requirements and abortive work is minimised
- Be available as needed to assist with changes and advise where required
- A process of continual improvement is in hand. Support the Mechanical and Electrical Directors and GSG Leaders to ensure errors and omissions on projects are identified and steps taken to eliminate future occurrences
- Drive a culture of consulting and technical excellence
- Strategically pursue opportunities to drive and build technical excellence
- Support Project Delivery Leader and resource managers to improved resource planning and work scheduling
- Actively contribute and support the contribution of others to R&D activities
*Deliver superior client service
- Responsible for direct client engagement, and building client relationships, primarily related to Smart Buildings (but not limited to)
- Identify project opportunities, develop bid strategy, prepare fee proposals and actively seek to win Smart Buildings consultancy engagements
- Oversee and provide support to Mechanical and Electrical teams to drive a culture of technical excellence and skill
- Support Market Directors, the Global Specialist Group and Project Leaders in preparing proposals and interviews requiring specialist Smart Buildings consultancy
*Drive performance through our people
- Demonstrate active and supportive leadership. Thoroughly induct new starters, set performance and development objectives aligned to office and group goals, conduct performance reviews and hold regular 1 on 1 feedback, coaching and developmental discussions
- Pro-actively manage performance, conduct, interpersonal and Work Health & Safety (WHS) issues in a timely manner in line with NDY’s policies and procedures as they are amended from time to time
- Ensure team leaders and managers are complying with all NDY policies and procedures in the management of their respective teams including escalating issues where appropriate
- Ensure you actively develop your own skills and career, maintaining currency in the market.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 10 years technical experience (having managed a variety of projects across the full systems development lifecycle and responsibility for delivering large and complex projects).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to lead and affect change
- Ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work independently and in a team to meet objectives
- Well developed problem solving skills
- The role must maintain knowledge of economic and building services market trends in both the geographic and sector markets it currently operates in as well as future opportunities that may arise, ensuring the group is in a position to capitalise on those opportunities to grow and develop the business in priority areas
- Role may require domestic or international travel for short periods.
You may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “NZ Head of Smart Buildings” as the Subject/Title of your covering letter email.
Application process will close by 23 August 2019.