Project Leader & Senior Mechanical Engineer, London Office
- London, UK office.
- Key role delivering high profile projects across various sectors.
- Experience with both project management and mechanical services engineering essential.
- A good operational understanding of other building services disciplines desired.
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full-time permanent position, you will be part of the Mechanical team acting as a Project Leader / Senior Mechanical Engineer in the London office. The role will predominantly focus on delivering Commercial Office projects within London, however from time to time may also cover other sectors including Hotel & Residential, Retail and Laboratory projects.
As the Project Leader / Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the project leader for internal multi-disciplinary engineering project teams, predominantly for London based commercial office projects
- Representing NDY at external project meetings with the client and external design teams
- Mechanical building services engineering consultancy and design for large scale projects up to RIBA Stage 4A
- Co-ordination of mechanical services designs with other building services disciplines and with external parties including architects and structural engineers
- Project management including resourcing and managing project finances
- Managing multiple projects and successfully dealing with conflicting obligations
- Ensuring that NDY’s Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects
- Developing Project Leader skills in line with work opportunities
- Participating in developing the Mechanical team technical capability
- Taking part in personal and professional development training as required
- Assist in developing technical capability of more junior Mechanical Engineers
To be successful in this role you must ideally have:
- A minimum of 5 years (ideally 8-10) engineering experience in the field of mechanical building services design
- Previous project leader/project management experience with multi-disciplinary project teams, including managing project resources and project finances
- Experience designing commercial office buildings.
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV to Eve Hewitt via email to E.Hewitt@ndy.com. Please put “Project Leader & Senior Mechanical Engineer” as the Subject/Title of your email.