Senior Mechanical Engineer, London Office
- London, UK office
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile Mission Critical and Laboratory projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full time permanent position, you will be part of the Mission Critical team in the London office and reporting to the Mission Critical Team Leader. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial, Residential, Hotel, Retail, Industrial and Data Centres.
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- As required, leading multi-disciplined teams for specific projects
- Mechanical Engineering for Mission Critical and Laboratory projects
- Co-ordination of mechanical design with other building services disciplines and with external parties such as architect or structural engineer.
- Participating in business related activities (non Project)
- Participating in developing the Data Centre and laboratories/pharmaceutical sector offering.
- Participating in project activities including design and documentation
- Ensuring that NDY’s Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects.
- Taking part in personal and professional development training as required.
- Participating in Performance Management Process and maintenance of individual Thrive assessment and development tool.
- Developing Project Coordination skills in line with work opportunities
- Guide and mentor junior mechanical engineers both formally and informally.
To be successful in this role you:
- Will have at least 5 years engineering experience in the field of Mechanical Building Services
- A recognised mechanical engineering qualification
- Have experience in the Mission Critical & Laboratory sectors
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Highly developed verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives
- Well developed problem solving skills
You will be:
- Involved in the growth of Mission Critical laboratories and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Coordinating directly with clients.
- Leading multi-disciplined teams on specific projects.
- Increasing Project Coordination skills & client and fee management.
- Operating within project delivery timeframes.
- Managing multiple projects and successfully dealing with conflicting obligations.
- Salary: Competitive.
- Posted date: 25 Jan 2019
- Closing date: 22 Feb 2019
Apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd February 2019.