Senior Project Engineer (Electrical), London Office
- London, UK office
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full time permanent position, you will be part of the Electrical team in the London office and reporting to the Electrical Section Manager. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial (Shell & Core and Office fit-outs), Residential, Hotels, Retail, Mixed Use developments and Data Centres.
As the Senior Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Project co-ordination
- Lighting Designs utilising Dialux Software
- Producing Electrical design calculations using Amtech Software
- Take an active role in project meetings
- Liaising with both internal and external design teams
- Supervision of junior staff
- Compliance with company QA system
- Take an active role in marketing and work winning activities.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 7-10 years engineering experience in the field of Electrical Building Services
- A recognised electrical engineering qualification
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Highly developed verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives
- Well developed problem solving skills
You will be:
- Able to deliver projects with tight timelines to a fixed budget
- Able to Consistently produce accurate work without errors
- Results driven
- Committed to building a positive team culture
- Committed to excellence in engineering
- Politically astute with team members and Clients
- Dealing with Contractors
Please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd June 2019.