Senior Project Engineer – Hydraulics, Sydney Office
- Take ownership of projects
- Lead clients, projects and team
- Level 2
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
As the Senior Project Engineer you will be responsible for :
- The delivery of building services from design through to construction.
- This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
- May be required to perform the role of Project Leader when required, responsible for the delivery of small and medium sized multi-disciplinary projects.
- Typically working towards chartered status (i.e. CPEng, RBP, CEng, IEng).
- Understanding the business and client requirement.
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Dealing with high level, urgent and confidential issues.
- Managing varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines.
- Coordination with internal and external consultants and disciplines.
- Provide input for job costing, time plans and fee preparation activities in consultation with Manager and Project Director.
- Co-ordinate and plan commitments, resources and balance workload across available projects to efficiently and effectively meet project deadlines and cost/fee requirements. Monitor workload and advise line manager where additional skills are required, and when over/under utilisation is likely to occur.
- Drive the collection of unpaid fees with assistance from accounts
- Assist in marketing NDY’s services through preparation of presentation materials as required.
- Participate in regular group meetings to discuss client issues, proposals, new opportunities and marketing strategies.
- Involvement in fee preparation activities co-ordinated through the Manager and Office Director.
- This role must ensure all NDY activities and designs are fully coordinated with all projects implemented in line with NDY’s Project Management methodology. May require the nomination of project engineers and reviewers for projects.
- Review technical submissions by Contractors and Sub-Contractors and the quality of construction against the specified requirements.
- Undertake Construction Administration on projects, designed by NDY.
- Attend site meetings as appropriate and report on the status of the work and any items of concern.
- Creates submissions and presentations that have minimal requirement for correction and address client perspective and market NDY effectively and accurately
- Participate in delivering research and development initiatives in your technical discipline.
- Provide on-the-job training and share knowledge with graduates and new staff, identifying areas where training may assist individuals or the group.
Qualifications & Certifications
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training, accreditation and experience.
- Well developed understanding of relevant Australian Standards and National Construction Code (NCC)
- Well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct)
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients.
- Ability to accept change and ambiguity
- Ability to exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Politically astute with team members and clients
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors
- Willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback.
You will be expected to:
- Support our brand in the market by providing superior client service and promoting our interests and reputation
- Play an active role in ensuring a harmonious, safe and productive work environment for yourself and others in the workplace by maintaining a high standard of performance and conduct in accordance with the company’s Values, Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and reasonable business directives.
Please apply by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 27, 2018.