Senior Fire Engineer, London Office
- London, UK
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full time permanent position, you will be part of the NDY Fire Global Specialist Group acting as a Senior Fire Engineer in the London office. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial, Residential, Hotel, Retail and Industrial.
As a Senior Fire Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the project activities as per project specifications to ensure the efficient implementation of the project activities.
- Assist in the production of detailed fire strategies and all necessary supporting calculations / assessments to fulfil the design obligations of each project.
- Undertake fire engineering design activities, which may include assisting with CFD / Evacuation modelling of complex building geometries.
- Undertake design reviews for buildings or design elements against specific fire safety requirements.
- Represent NDY Fire at design team meetings and authority consultations.
- Lead project delivery of FE elements, co-ordinating design activities/input with other disciplines.
To be successful in this role you will be expected to…
- Participate in engineering training and on the job training programs delivered to new staff and as appropriate, including NDY’s development program and Engineers Induction Program (EIP) as required.
- Support our brand in the market by providing superior client service and promoting our interests and reputation.
- Play an active role in ensuring a harmonious, safe and productive work environment for yourself and others in the workplace by maintaining a high standard of performance and conduct in accordance with the company’s Values, Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and reasonable business directives.
Ideally you will have…
- A degree in engineering or science discipline relevant to the role.
- A relevant professional registration / qualification.
For a confidential discussion about this position call Jane Edwards on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 15/07/2019.