Senior Mechanical Engineer, Auckland Office
- Strong office culture
- Take ownership of projects
- Gain experience working directly with client
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible in documentation, estimation, administration, programming, tender reports and financial control for assigned projects (as applicable). This person may be required to perform the role of Project Coordinator or Project Engineer for each project, and would also be responsible for client liaison and business development in assigned market areas. The focus of the role is on management and delivery of NDY’s design and construction phase responsibilities, including management of projects on behalf of clients where NDY are engaged to perform this role.
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- providing accurate and timely information to NDY Management Accounting Systems.
- creating submissions and presentations that have no error and address client perspective and market NDY effectively and accurately.
- identifying, developing and promoting ways to improve operating capability.
- coordinating allocated projects.
- planning and managing allocated resources to ensure the satisfactory staffing of projects.
- developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients to ensure long-term business partnerships.
- managing project costs and profitability and updating Team and Resource Manager on fee status.
- utilising company computer and IT facilities.
To be successful in this role you must:
- have an understanding of NDY’s QA system and implement it on own projects in good time.
- be eager and willing to learn. You must be easy to coach and has an attitude to do better next time.
- be competent in designing and documenting engineering building services.
- be able to establish and maintain a good working relationship with the client by assessing and acting upon current and future needs.
- actively seek opportunities for appointments to gain new and profitable business.
- ensure NDY’s Quality System is implemented and maintained on all projects.
- ensure the highest standards of performance and conduct are maintained at all times.
- constantly monitor and control project cost so as to maximise profit potential.
- actively utilise the companies hard and software computer facilities in carrying out their responsibilities.
- actively participate in engineering training and on-the-job training programmes delivered to graduates and new staff.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical engineering with CPEng or working towards
- 10+ years design experience in a Mechanical Design Engineering role
- Well-developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct)
- Excellent HVAC systems design engineering skills
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Broad experience working on a variety of projects
- Proficient in the use of Revit MEP and AutoCAD
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong focus on quality
- Excellent communication skills especially in client and stakeholder engagement
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Previous NZ experience is an advantage
You will be expected to:
- Exemplify NDY values and brand in own behaviour with external clients
- Play an active role in ensuring a smooth, professional and pro-active interface with related disciplines and other colleagues.
You may also apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Senior Mechanical Engineer – Auckland” as the Subject/Title of your covering letter email.
Application process will close by 26 July 2019.