Senior Project Engineer – Fire Protection, Brisbane Office
- Located in Brisbane
- Gain experience management experience
- Lead projects and clients
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
Senior Project Engineer responsible for the delivery of engineering services from design through to construction. Project Leader responsible for the delivery of medium and large sized single and multi-disciplinary projects.
This role primarily works independently applying deep technical knowledge and skills on large/complex projects. May be involved in mentoring less experienced team members, act as a Project Leader responsible for project performance over time and/or manage a small team (typically 1-2 direct reports).
As the Senior Project Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Provide input for job costing, time plans and fee preparation activities in consultation with Manager and Project Director.
- Build and maintain client relationships to secure new work by actively marketing NDY’s services. As required, creates submissions and presentations that effectively markets NDY and accurately addresses the client’s perspective.
- Demonstrate supportive leadership and management of your team. Thoroughly induct new starters, set performance objectives aligned to office and group goals, conduct performance reviews and hold regular 1 on 1 feedback, coaching and developmental discussions.
- Manage Norman Disney & Young’s involvement in projects so that work is completed efficiently whilst meeting client needs.
- Design and document systems through concept, design development and detailed documentation phases.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects.
- Chartered Engineering (RPEQ, QBCC or CPEng) status is essential for the role.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients.
- Well developed understanding of relevant Australian Standards and National Construction Code (NCC).
- Well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct).
- Willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback.
For a confidential discussion about this position call Barry Wilson on 02 9928 6898 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Senior Project Engineer – Fire Protection (Brisbane)” as the Subject/Title of your email. In your cover letter, kindly indicate as well if you are eligible to work in Australia.
Application process will close by 02 September 2019.