Senior Mechanical Engineer – Existing Buildings Team, Melbourne Office
- Melbourne based
- Mechanical technical leader in the Existing Buildings group
- Variety of interesting projects within the existing buildings portfolio
- Leverage of established local relationships, working with all major REITs and within significant landmark Melbourne buildings
- Be client facing with the opportunity to build a network of key stakeholders in the market
- Add tremendous value to a client’s property portfolio through the achievement of energy efficiency targets and improvements in plant optimization
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
This role primarily works independently applying deep technical knowledge and skills on a range of different projects. Will involve mentoring less experienced team members and assisting them by providing technical advice and direction. Will act as a project leader for many projects, with many running concurrently, and be responsible for project performance over time and manage a small project team.
The role will be focused on existing buildings, so will require engineer to review existing installations and providing advice and design in areas such as, but not limited to, compliance, upgrade options, efficiencies, change of use, replacement, and rectification. The role has a big focus on liaising with building owners and managers to assist and become their consultant-of-choice in managing their asset.
- Technical leader (mechanical) in the Existing Building group, providing solutions to challenging and interesting problems.
- Provide training to less experienced team members and build a strong technical foundation in the group.
- Provide input for job costing, time plans and fee preparation activities in consultation with Manager and Project Director.
- Design and document systems through concept, design development and detailed documentation phases.
- Act as Project Leader on assigned projects, which may require the nomination of project engineers and reviewers for projects where appropriate. Plan and resource projects to ensure all NDY activities and designs are fully coordinated and implemented in line with NDY’s Project Management methodology. Be responsible for the firm’s overall involvement on the project and the administration of design interface between multiple disciplines. Disciplines may include: Communications, Security, Lifts, Hydraulics, Electrical, Fire Protection, Hydraulics, NDY Light, ESD, Fire Engineering and Acoustics.
- Review technical submissions by Contractors and Sub-Contractors and the quality of construction against the specified requirements.
- Participate and represent NDY in internal and external meetings as appropriate to discuss client issues, proposals, new opportunities and marketing strategies.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Minimum 10 years relevant Mechanical Engineering experience
- Strong experience across all major mechanical services systems including, but not limited to, chillers, cooling towers, heating hot water systems, AHUs, VAVs and fan coil units.
- Strong experience in the design, installation, replacement and upgrade of such systems.
- Medium to strong experience in BMS and control systems.
- Demonstrated experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients
- Well developed understanding of relevant Standards and Building Codes for your region
- Well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct).
To apply, please submit a confidential copy of your CV and covering letter to Lisa Kelly at L.Kelly@ndy.com
Please put “Senior Mechanical Engineer – Existing Buildings Team” as the Subject/Title of your email.