PwC Tower at Commercial Bay – Targeting 5-Star Green Star
Precinct Properties has confirmed its ongoing priority to gain or target Green Star accreditation on all new buildings or major refurbishments.
Green Star rated buildings are well documented to have a positive impact on staff productivity and engagement which is a key priority for companies when looking for new office accommodation.
The PwC Tower is a 39-level office tower currently under construction. It is located in the Auckland CBD at the previous site of the Downtown Shopping Centre. The lobby, podium and basement back of house areas beneath the tower are interconnected with the basement car park and retail centre.
Some of the key sustainable features incorporated are:
- Rainwater harvesting to supplement the water supply serving the cooling towers
- The building is designed and specified to achieve an operational building energy consumption of 80kWh/m2/year which is a more efficient consumption rate than traditional buildings.
- High efficiency LED lighting with lighting control systems.
- Building Tuning.
- Construction Waste management.
- End of trip cycling facilities to promote physical activity.
- 5 Green Star NZ – Office Design 2009
- Building Owner: Precinct Properties New Zealand Ltd
- Architect: Warren and Mahoney
- Building Services Engineer: Norman Disney & Young
- Project Manager: RCP
- Main Contractor: Fletcher Construction
- GSAP: Kimberley Whynn, Norman Disney & Young