Positioned between the bustling Southern Cross Station and Etihad Stadium in Melbourne’s Docklands, 700 Bourke Street is home to 6,000 NAB employees.
At over 65,000 sq m, the development consists of a new 14 storey premium grade office with retail, beverage and food tenancies.
The building has been purposefully designed to be recognised as a ‘world leader’ in green building design and construction by achieving a 6 Star Green Star rating for Design and targeting a 6 Star Green Star rating for As Built. As the sustainability consultant for 700 Bourke Street, NDY implemented a range of sustainability initiatives including conducting air conditioning options, extensive daylight modelling, energy modelling, facade reviews, lighting studies and water consumption analysis.
Features and Innovations:
- Australia’s largest passive chilled beam installation
- Sophisticated lighting control system with premium efficiency lighting solutionMaximum use of natural lighting through optimised façades
- Water conservation with the use of the black water treatment plant and stormwater reuse, as well as water efficient fittings and fixtures
- Provision for smaller sized car spaces and motorcycles, encouraging use of lower carbon emission vehicles
- 700 sq m roof top garden for NAB use
- Very low energy building incorporating solar controlled facade design, heat recovery, passive cooling and heating and solar hot water trigeneration plant
- A holistic fre safety solution developed by the NDY fire engineering team.